Friday, May 17, 2013

Poo in the Pool


Warning! This story contains poo.

So I finally took bean swimming today. I've been promising to for months, but we never get round to it. I couldn’t tell you when the last time I took him was (another thing to feel the dreaded ‘mummy guilt’ for grrr).
When I came to sort his swimming kit out, I was worried his shorts would be a tad small (yup, it’s been that long), so we bought him some new snazzy Spiderman shorts. Very cute. And very happy he was with them. He put them on as soon as we got home in preparation for our swim.
So we went.
He had a great time. The boy has no fear.
However, he’d just got out (so he could climb back in again; it was a game) when all of a sudden, grabbing his man bits he yelped
“I need a wee!”
I bolted out of the pool just in time to watch his face change...it was too late. I grabbed him and rather than take him to the pool side loo, I took him to the shower & rinsed him off before returning him to the pool.
About 15 minutes later, he was at the top of the ladder when all of a sudden he yelped
“I need a poo....it’s coming...”
His faced changed...
Too late.
I carried him, loaded pants and all to the loo, where I man-handled the poo into the loo, wiped him clean and washed his pants in the sink, washed the sink, etc etc.
Bloody hell.
The things they make us do.
Before we had got in I had asked him if he needed the loo.
I guess he’s just an overexcited, easily engrossed, almost 4 year old, who isn't taken swimming nearly as often as he should be.
Thank goodness he wasn't IN the pool both times! Very lucky.
Next week, we’ll do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment