Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Butternut Squash Gratin Recipe.

Ok, so I'm not a great cook, but that's no reason to not try.

I loooove butternut squash, so I thought I'd try this recipe. It is super yummy.

I find it impossible to follow instructions to the letter, so of course I have tweaked it a little.
Here's my version of Butternut Squash Gratin
I apologise in advance for it's vague-ness. I'm sure I've said before, I belong to the dollop and slosh school of cookery. Feel free to blame my Mother.

Ingredients;
butternut squash, sliced
150ml double cream
tin of peeled plum tomatoes (or fresh if you have them)
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped (optional, but I put garlic into everything)
onion, thinly sliced
a slosh of olive oil
salt & pepper
tspn dried rosemary
grated cheddar cheese, just enough to cover the top

Throw everything into a baking dish and give it a good toss together.
Then cover with grated cheese, as much or as little as you choose.
For a better looking dinner, you could lay out the slices in nice layers, but I just left it as it landed.

Bake in the oven at 180˚C for about 1 hour 20 minutes.
I can't remember quite how long it took as I was busy with the boys at the same time. It also depends on how thinly you sliced the butternut, so just keep poking it with a fork until you're happy.
This one was a teeny bit over-cooked, hence the burnt edges, but it was soooo very tasty.

I hope you like it too! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment