Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Cereal Box Marble Run: How to

I recently spotted this on Pinterest & had to try it with my marble loving boys.
We spent what felt like weeks collecting toilet rolls & cereal boxes, then finally we had enough to make two.


 It has a trap door at the bottom, so the marbles don't come tumbling straight out & a hole in the top.


Then, when we came to make Ed's, as impressed as he was with Bean's, he wanted a marble maze instead. 
So I asked him to draw a track on the cardboard, which then had to be slightly amended on the parts where it was too close together and we added extra routes where there were gaps.
I tried to make it using the loo rolls, but there wasn't enough, so I had to make amends with the spare cereal box, which turned out much better and far easier to put together.
Oh, I cant tell you how much I enjoyed making this!
This one also lasted a lot longer than the loo roll one.

 It has a hole at one end, then a trap door in the other so if he fills it, he only has to control one hole. 
As soon as I made it, he put all the marbles in haha.





 Sooooo much fun! Go make one!

No comments:

Post a Comment