Saturday, March 14, 2015

My Mother's Day Cards


Yay! Thanks to school I have Mothers day cards I didn't help make myself. 
I love little surprises and use any opportunity I can to let people keep secrets (the nice kind) from me at Christmas, on my birthday, Valentine's day and Mother's day.
I knew they must have making them because on Wednesday Bean had paint all over his sleeve and when I asked about it he replied;
"Mother's day cards". 
Ooops Bean, don't think you were supposed to tell me that...
So, on Friday, Ed, who is very precious about his surprises and hates them to be ruined in any way, came out of school with something stuffed inside his coat. We walked to the car as he gave Bean and I strict instructions to go straight into the kitchen when we got home. However, he must have got overexcited and when we got home, before we'd even walked through the door he asked me if I wanted it early, then gave it to me before I had a chance to answer.
Now, I'll be honest, Ed spends a fair amount of time telling me I don't love him, and he's written me notes that say something along the lines of; 
"I love you but I don't think you love me" 
So I had expected his card to be full of: 
"You don't love me, you've never even liked me, you're an asshole"
Instead, I got this...
Translation; Dear Mum, Happy Mother's Day. I love you lots, from Ed.
Bean's card was stashed in his homework bag, and when given permission to remove it, I found this.
I seriously never expected this.
When I asked for a translation of '1psent min' I literally laughed out loud and asked why on earth he'd put that. Bean is always so loving and sweet, it was a surprise to see this written in his beautifully hand-painted card. 
Apparently, it's very simple. 
The morning he wrote his card out at school was the morning I wouldn't let him have crisps for breakfast.
Mommy, you are 1 percent mean, from Henry
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



Now I don't need flowers or chocolates, instead I have two little boys who I know will never hold back and always be honest about their feelings, however, Ed decided it was inappropriate to write something mean in his card, which I think is an excellent notion to have at just seven. 
What great kids I have. I'm one lucky Mummy.



No comments:

Post a Comment