Monday, October 17, 2016

Monday Make: Framed Baby Handprint Keepsake

Monday Make: This week's project

When Ed and Bean were six months old, I made little hand casts and they've been sitting on my bedroom window sill ever since. though not without incident unfortunately. The glass on Bean's got smashed and quite recently, a certain wild thing decided to draw all over his cast. I tried to wipe it off, being only pencil, but the more I wiped, the more of the clay came away, removing precious finger prints so I stopped wiping.
I couldn't find a third frame the same, so I knew a plan B would have to be implemented. Luckily, while visiting my Mum's house one day, I spotted a triple picture frame with smashed glass heading for the bin. Obviously I salvaged it.

Once I'd finally dragged us to hobbycraft and bought some air drying clay, convinced Zander to make his handprint and left it for a few days to dry, I prized the older boys handprints out of their original frames, and super glued them onto this one with Zander's addition.



To solve the drawn on handprint issue and the fact that they were all different colours, I decided to give them all a skin tone coat of paint.

Then I printed off the name labels and glued the on too.
Et voila! 
Really pleased :)
If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 
Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment