Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Tempting Tuesday: Baby Banana Fingers

Tempting Tuesday: trying not to kill my family with my experimental cooking.


I made these for Bean and Ed when they were tiny, so obviously Zander gets them too. They're so easy to make and they're brilliant for babies who are just getting the hang of this whole eating thing. They're also junk free, with no sugar unless you decide you want them sweeter.

Ingredients:
2x bananas, preferably ripe.
a mug full of self raising flour,
a mug full of instant oats (or smashed up* porridge oats)
100g butter or 3tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla essence. 
Please excuse my three bananas, as I got so many of them in my 9 pence bag, I thought I'd make a giant batch and see if half of them survive going in the freezer.

Smush up all the ingredients together.

Make them into baby fist size fingers (yes, I know they look like poos), and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes (or until golden) at 180°C (fan oven)


*smash up porridge oats using a food processer

***************UPDATE***************
It took a few attempts, but Zander really seems to like them (although he's in his throwing stuff stage).
And the best news ever...they survive the freezer!! Once defrosted at room temperature, you'd never guess they'd been frozen. Yay!
Time to make a giant batch.
Free printable recipe card. Just right click & save as.

If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 
Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment