Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Tempting Tuesday: Baby Quiche

Tempting Tuesday: trying not to kill my family with my experimental cooking.

Zander approved: 4 stars (tasty, smushable in intrigued fingers, I can do it myself but still not as good as fromage frais).

Perfect for little hands, and yummy for Mummy's in a rush.
If you want to make them for people old enough to have a little salt, they are nicer with (as most things are), but for small people under two, they can be salt free.
You'll need a muffin tray.

Ingredients:

4 slices of bread with the crusts cut off
3 eggs
3 tbsp milk
heaped tbsp frozen peas
heaped tbsp grated cheese
a few broccoli florets, finely chopped

Beat the eggs and milk in a large shallow bowl.
Because I wanted squares and my bread is rectangular, I cut them up so that 4 slices would go into 6 moulds, as you can see in the photo above. The fact that the bread isn't one whole piece for two of the muffin moulds won't make a different once it's cooked.

Dip the bread in the egg, coating both sides, then place each slice in the tray.
Don't worry about leftover egg, we'll use it in a second.


Mix your veggies up with the cheese and left over egg.
Divide it all up carefully into each portion.

Bake them in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 15 minutes, until they are cooked through.
I tend to store them in a tuppaware box in the fridge, where they get eaten in a few days.

I love that you don't have to go with peas and broccoli, you can chose anything; meat/veg or just whatever you have in the fridge, which stops small people getting bored and provides ample opportunity for trying lots of new foods.
Free printable recipe card. Just right click & save as.

If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 
Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment