Saturday, November 12, 2016

Sticky Saturday: Squish Painting

Sticky Saturday: messy play fun with kids

I'll be honest, I've been struggling to organise messy play at our tots group lately. Life with a small human is incredibly demanding (as expected).
So I think, for now, I'll mostly be concentrating on sensory play with my little Zander for my Sticky Saturday posts.
I chose something nice and easy (and not so messy) for our first attempt.

Dead simple. I squirted some paint onto a piece of paper, popped it into a plastic sleeve and taped up the open end.
We tried this on the rug during some tummy time first, which mostly got eaten, so I tried it at the table. This attempt also got eaten. Even when I taped the whole thing to the table, he peeled it off and tried to eat it. On the plus side, all that squishing the whole thing in his hands meant the paint spread everywhere but I had envisaged him pushing the paint around, using his hands rather than his mouth and seeing the consequences of his actions. I tried to show him but he didn't seem to care.
Still, he loved the crinkly plastic and he had a lot of fun tried to fit a whole piece of A4 into his mouth so it wasn't a complete failure.




The finished article.
If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 
Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment