Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Tempting Tuesday: Pear & Cardamom Tart

Tempting Tuesday: trying not to kill my family with my experimental cooking.




My love for a good frangipane inspired this recipe. Think I just love ground almonds, and therefore bake with them as much as possible.

Ingredients:
Pastry case
15 cardamom pods
100g butter
100g caster sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of ½ lemon
3 eggs
100g ground almonds
35g flour
2 small pears


 Method:
Preheat oven to 180°C (170°C fan).
Crush cardamom pods with a pestle and mortar.
Remove the shells and grind down the seeds. Warning, this is painstaking.
Blend butter, sugar, lemon zest & cardamom seeds together. Add eggs, one at a time, then flour and ground almonds.
Pour the mixture into the pastry case. I made my own (I admit, I'm a bit of snob and have yet to buy a pre-made pastry case, but I kind of suck at making it still).
Peel and core both pears, slicing them into quarters. Score the tops, length-ways to make stripes.
Put pears into a small bowl with lemon juice and mix up so they are all covered in juice.
Arrange the pear pieces around the top of the tart. The original recipe had way more pears, but I couldn't squeeze them all on. It also had three pears which were to be left uncored, with the stalks still on (basically for show) which I was having none of. Can you imagine biting into that? Or at least having to faff with your pudding. No. Just no.
Bake for about 30 minutes, until the middle is almost firm.




Free printable recipe card. Just right click & save as.

If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 
Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)

1 comment:

  1. This was just gorgeous. And it will easily convert into gluten free (especially now I've found out that rolling gluten free pastry between 2 pieces of clingfilm makes it manageable). Another one I can make for my house group.

    ReplyDelete