Friday, February 10, 2017

Friday Inspiration: Reading Nook

Friday Inspiration: a picture of anything that makes me want to get creative.
Ah-ha! I will try something like this! A place to sit & read, but not a place I can easily fall asleep, and definitely not a place where people will steal my office for a guest room :) EDIT: This is now my most popular pin!:

I'll be honest, I'm desperate for a little place I can go to read.
I had a little hunt on Pinterest for inspiration, but most of what I found is so completely unfeasible in my house, including most of these, but I thought I'd share my findings regardless.

If you have under stairs storage (which sadly I don't, my kitchen is under the stairs), it could be done up a bit like this.
Cozy nook under the stairs - love this! Or maybe create something similar in the family room?:

This is entirely possible if you have a corner of your living room that can be given over to book shelves.
Restoring a childhood home | Period Living:

Again, living room corner, just ignore the baskets on these shelves and fill them with books.
Built in shelves & seat. I think I'd have to fill the shelves with books though. If you like this pin, why not head on over to get similar inspiration and join our FREE home design resource library at http://www.TheHomeDesignSchool.com/signup ?:

This is a fabulous idea and quite easy to put together with a bit of Ikea furniture.
Awaiting the birth of the couple’s son, Vivi relaxes in a built-in reading nook in the library.

This is my utter favourite but who has a teeny tiny room like this? I presume that, and I may of course be wrong, closets like this actually reside in the kitchen and are actually really useful larders and who wants a reading nook in the kitchen?
Cozy Home Library | Cozy library nook - love this:

I also love this one and when the boys grow up and leave home, I'll probably do this in their room.
Ah-ha! I will try something like this! A place to sit & read, but not a place I can easily fall asleep, and definitely not a place where people will steal my office for a guest room :) EDIT: This is now my most popular pin!:

And then I got thinking about how and when I'd use the space. 
The reality is I have small people to keep an eye on all the time and although I don't actually have time to read during the day, I do every night in bed, surrounded by book shelves. I literally cannot sleep without turning off the real world and entering someone else's.
 I was thinking it would be lovely to have a big comfy armchair to sit in and I could get one when there isn't a giant cot in the way, but seriously, what's comfier than your bed? So maybe I already have my reading nook?
I think it's time to be grateful for what I have and if nothing else, not buying new furniture or redecorating means there's more money for books!


My 'reading nook'.

For more ideas, check out my reading nooks pinterest board.
If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 

Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment