Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sensory Sunday: Texture Plates

Sensory Sunday: Exploring the world with little fat fingers.

I made some texture plates for Zander, with different fabrics and other random things I found around the house, glued onto paper plates.



Despite how much he hates bubble wrap,and will often cry at the very sight of a whole bunch of the stuff, this plate was a clear favourite. He even ripped it off the plate during his investigations and still didn't react in a negative way. I thought it being stuck down flat made it ok, but he got so intrigued by the bobbles that when he'd got it off it was still interesting and not scary at all.


His other favourite is of course the mirror...which he then had to kiss repeatedly.

Ed loves these plates too and keeps finding moments to ask if he can 'give Zander his plates', then he'll sit with him a play for a bit before tidying them away so they don't get broken. I'll be honest, this whole 'taking care of things and tidying up after himself' is very unlike Ed but I'll enjoy/nurture it while I can.

The plates I made have bubble wrap, cotton wool balls, velvet, denim, cordoroy, towelling, fleece, mirror, fake fur, shiney smooth fabric and a sparkly fabric.
All of these are excellent talking points for different textures.
If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 
Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment