Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sensory Sunday: Shredded Paper

Sensory Sunday: Exploring the world with little fat fingers.


During a stroke of genius, I decided not to put this all straight in the recycling and thought I'd give Zander some time with it first.


Careful examination...

This is the first time, the very first time, he didn't put it all straight in his mouth. In fact, he never did put any of it in, which is unheard of. He normally gives everything a little taste but not this stuff. Probably helped that he'd just had a massive bowl of poddidge.

Crawling through it makes a good sound.


He thought it was hilarious when I dumped it all on his head, especially when some of it stayed there balanced precariously on his forehead.

Rustle, rustle, rustle.

This week's fun has really made me think about the benefits of sensory and messy play. I tend to save these activities just for Zander; I wait until the bigger boys are at school and then do it. It's nice because lets face it, if I didn't do this, all of Zander's Mummy one-on-one time would probably just be watching me do all the housework and I feel a hell of lot less guilty spending some time cleaning up once I've spent some serious quality time with my little Zander Boo.

But, I wonder...what about the bigger boys? They get one-on-one time with me too, so it's not about that.While we played, it occurred to me how much the boys would love to have a chance to throw this stuff about too and that maybe I should give them an opportunity. For them, even though they are well past the baby exploration stage, it would still be a joyfully sensory exploration of a different kind. Mostly, they'll probably just go completely wild, but it may also be a chance for us to spend some quality time together too. They'd probably love to experience 'silly' mummy for a moment too.

As I expected, it went very well...



Then Nanny came over and got buried alive.

And then we cleaned up together and got the living room back to normal...well...our normal at least.
If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 
Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment