Monday, February 6, 2017

Monday Make: Glass Pebble Treasure Jar

Monday Make: This week's project


What does a girl do with a bag full of glass pebbles from the pound shop and a jam jar?
Why, superglue said pebbles to said jar of course.



I used superglue and worked slowly to give it a chance to dry before turning it, as they tended to slip. When I was done, I wrapped the whole thing really tightly in clingfilm to ensure all the pebbles dried in the correct place.

It looks so pretty with a candle in but lighting candles is not something I generally do (for fear of forgetting about them), so I needed to come up with a different use.
Et voila! New incense jar! I put sand in the bottom so that I could reach it safely and to diffuse/insulate the heat. Sand and incense is just something I've always done, I don't know if scientifically it's a good idea but it definitely means the bottom of the jar never gets hot.



If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 
Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment