Monday, July 25, 2016

Monday Make: Amended Tee

Monday Make: This week's project

One of the many joys of being a larger chick, is that it is such a struggle to get cool t-shirts. I live in the typical mom uniform of jeans, tee and pumps, so the last thing I need is a boring tee, even if it is only gonna get puked on. 
This is something I've done to t-shirts since my college days. I buy the biggest size in men's, so I have the most amount of fabric to work with. Over the years there have been some brilliant (if I do say so myself) creations. Having a lot of fabric to mess around with means you don't have to leave the logo where it was originally intended and you can do what you like with the sleeves.


Using another vest top that fits me and has a similar amount of stretch (note: most vests have far more than the average men's tee. You can always make it too big to start with and keep amending it til it's right). Lay them out together and trim as desired.


Then it's just a case of seeing the side seams together and back stitching the shoulders so the seams don't fall apart where you've trimmed. 

I've kept it rather loose fitting, just because I don't want my clothes tight right enough to see if the baby has been fed lately (busting boob bulges).


I'm pleased, and now I have a Stampy tee, much to the envy of my children, even if it is a cheap eBay copy (I wasn't in the mood to spend loads, only to cock it up).

No comments:

Post a Comment