Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Tempting Tuesday: Energy Fuelled Flapjack

Tempting Tuesday: trying not to kill my family with my experimental cooking.


So, with a new baby to feed, I am super hungry these days, and usually too busy to sit down to a hearty meal other than dinner time, so I need grab-able, nutritious, belly filling food.

Flap jack is brilliant for that and with a few additions makes it the perfect breastfeeder's snack.

My usual flap jack recipe has 400g of oats, but because I want to add a shed load of nuts and stuff, I've changed it to 300g, just so it binds together. Experience tells me if you get the syrup/oat ratio all wrong it'll just crumble and I hate that. I also put less sugar in and swapped golden syrup for honey.


Ingredients:
300g oats
30g flax seed
200g nuts and dried fruit of any kind you fancy (I opted for a bag of trail mix)
100g butter
100g margarine
100g honey
80g sugar


Simply heat honey, butter, marge and sugar in a pan until blended.
Chop up your nuts and stuff and mix with oats.
In a large bowl, mix oat mixture with honey mixture and blend thoroughly.
Squish it all in a baking tin and bake at 175°C (fan oven) for about 30 minutes.
Slice when it's cool.


Free printable recipe card. Just right click & save as.

If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 
Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment