Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Tempting Tuesday: Pitta Bread Pizzas

Tempting Tuesday: trying not to kill my family with my experimental cooking.
 
 
For Bean's birthday last month, we had a pizza party and everyone made their own pizza (except Mr Strawberry, who had his made by the one kid at the party who can't stand pizza).
My experience with some nasty pizza bases made me reluctant to buy them for this purpose, but I had a bit of a brain wave on party food shopping day and remembered that as a teenager, one of my favourite snacks was a pitta bread, covered in tomato puree and cheese and grilled lightly.
I covered each pitta in a mixture of tinned tomato puree and passata with basil.
Our choice of toppings included; onion, ham, salami, cherry tomatoes, chicken, red pepper, pineapple, sweetcorn, mushrooms and of course, mozzarella.
It was lovely letting the kids choose what they wanted and completely delicious.
 
We made more for dinner that night with the leftovers and seriously, we'll be making them again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment