Thursday, July 21, 2016

#tbt: Crochet Zigzag Blanket

Throw back Thursday: taking a look at stuff I've made in the past.


I bought this wool a few years before I actually got round to using it and it was originally intended to make the boys a cute blanket for their room. At the time I was thinking granny squares in a lovely pattern. I got as far as drawing out the design but of course I've no idea where that's gone.
I came across this stitch when I first taught myself how to crochet, in the bloody brilliant book I used to do so. I always thought it'd be amazing to try, so at some point, possibly about three years ago, I went for it.
It's actually really simple once you get into the swing of it.
I don't know how long it took me, but it must've been at least a year. It was one of the projects that sits around in the living room, driving Mr Strawberry barmy, but since its been finished, it's been draped over one of the sofas and it's completely gorgeous.
I kind of wish it was slightly bigger, but that's all the wool I had so never mind.



If you're thinking of giving it a go, google 'spike crochet stitch'. I'm sure you'll get better instructions than I can provide ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment