Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Tempting Tuesday: Rice Crispy Sushi

Tempting Tuesday: trying not to kill my family with my experimental cooking.
 
 
You may have noticed by now how obsessed I am by sushi and yes, although I hate fish in all forms, I am finding all the ways I can to make the super cute food regardless. 

This version is made using lovely gooey rice crispy cake and sweets. 

 
Melt 25g of butter with 100g of marshmallows in a pan, then pour over 100g of rice crispies & mix well. 

 
After a few failed attempts to flatten it out, I finally managed it by putting it in between two Teflon sheets (can't recommend them enough) and going over the top gently with a rolling pin. If you're too rough, you'll just crush the crispies.

 
I laid rainbow strips across the top & trimmed the rice crispy accordingly. 
I would recommend making the rice crispy cake shorter than the strips because it'll squish into place better. 

 
I put a strawberry cable in the centre and rolled it up. This is possibly the trickiest thing I've ever attempted but I got there eventually after much rolling and squashing. 

 
Then it's the joyful slicing up. I love this bit.
 
 
Not bad for a first attempt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment