Monday, December 19, 2016

Monday Make: Snowflake String Art

Monday Make: This week's project


I saw this on Pinterest and felt inspired. I love the simple quality of it, and living with Mr Strawberry means there's always lots of wood straps laying around.

Ta-daaa. Random wood.
With some very useful sticky-back plastic, I cut out a tree line silhouette.
I painted the whole thing black and then sprinkled white paint on it by flicking the paintbrush over it from above.
Then I peeled off the sticky plastic and cut out a paper snowflake.
I laid my snowflake over the top of my wood (as soon as the paint was dry) to guide me while I hammered in the pins.
Then I ripped off the paper as I wrapped the string around each pin. 
I just knew if I took off all the paper at once, the board would become a mass of confusion; just pins and no clue where to wrap the string, so I took it off as I went along.

I'm actually really pleased with this. There was a point during the make when I thought it would turn out really crappy, but as soon as the sticky plastic came off, it was like magic, revealing my tree line, despite the fact that I originally wanted to them more like this...

...but thought that a simplified version might be nicer than a cocked up version as I didn't have the patience to do all that cutting out.
If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 
Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment