Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Tempting Tuesday: Rice Crispy Christmas Trees

Tempting Tuesday: trying not to kill my family with my experimental cooking.

Really easy to make but these definitely tested my icing skills, or at least my icing making skills as I was so terrified of it being too runny I made it too thick.

Ingredients:
25g butter
100g marshmallows
75g rice crispies

Method:
Heat marshmallows and butter in a heavy bottomed pan until all is melted and blended.
In a large bowl, stir the goo with the rice crispies until it's all lovely and even.
Squish it all in a shallow (buttered/lined) baking tray and chill.
Decorate with green icing, then once it's set, slice into tree shapes.
Decorate it more (tinsel, stars, baubles) and store in an airtight container.

Things I learnt;
Don't bother trying to dye the rice crispy mixture green, you'll use half a bottle of food colouring and still won't make a difference.
I repeat: store in an airtight container.
I really need to practise getting icing consistency right.
It takes a lot of icing to cover a tray full of rice crispies.
Red food colouring tastes weird.
If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 
Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment