Monday, June 13, 2016

Monday Make: Sandcastle

Monday Make: This week's project


Inspired by Pinterest I wanted to have a go at making a sandcastle. 
My thoughts were a combination of these two makes;

So I started with my Pringles tube (had to buy them especially), a few toilet rolls and some cereal boxes. 
I did this at least three times and I still wasn't happy with it, but continued regardless.
















Then I covered my creation in strips of paper with PVA to strengthen it. 


I stuck on some sea shells and pebbles from the boys collection with a hot glue gun (yeah, I never throw their beach collections away). 


Then I glued on some play sand. It took a few layers and a lot of patience. 


I'm not that pleased with it but I'm glad I gave it a bash. 
If I ever do it again, I would make a smaller, cuter version. 
What do you think? 
What would you do differently?
Leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment