Monday, June 27, 2016

Monday Make: T-Shirt Quilt

Monday Make: This week's project


I am so pleased, I've finally finished this quilt. I've been collecting the t-shirts for at least eight years. I started preparing them together this time last year, just before I got pregnant, knowing I'd need a project that ensured I sat down and got some much needed rest at some point. I worked on it rather sporadically over the last twelve months and it's finally finished. The boys are thrilled with it, it holds some favourite t-shirts and they love hearing about when they were little. 
I used a fleece blanket I'd kept from when they were tiny and sliced it up to make the borders. On the reverse is one of the duvet covers they used when they first went into 'big boys' beds.


No comments:

Post a Comment