Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Tempting Tuesday: Vegetable Samosas

Tempting Tuesday: trying not to kill my family with my experimental cooking.

Another recipe that has sat in my collection for years, unattempted.
I have two different recipes for samosas, judging by the ingredients list, this one was obviously pulled out of an Asda magazine. 


Ingredients:
One large potato, cut into tiny pieces
100g frozen peas
One large onion, chopped
1-2 crushed and chopped garlic cloves
One carrot, grated
1tsp curry powder
2tsp lemon juice
1tsp ground ginger
half tsp coriander
270g pack of filo pastry sheets


Get the filo pastry sheets out the fridge, so they're room temperature when you need them.
Boil the chopped potato until tender, then add the peas, bring to the boil and drain. 

Fry onion for 5 minutes then add the garlic, ginger, carrot, curry powder and keep stirring until it's all beautifully combined. 

Add potato and peas and keep stirring. 
Then add the lemon juice and coriander. 

Tip it all into a bowl to cool a little while you prepare your filo sheets.
Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C fan). 
I found the sheets were folded in half when I unraveled them. Cut them into 3, so you end up with lots of super long rectangles.
Brush the strip with oil and plonk a spoonful of the veggies at one end and fold it up in a triangle shape. Don't be as shy with the oil as I was.
I found I ran out of filling before I ran out of sheets, so next time I make this, I'll be adding more vegetables to the mix rather than putting less in each one.
Pop them all on a tray, brush the tops with oil and bake for 20 minutes.

Super yummy, and a fabulous grab food from the fridge for the hungry breastfeeder.
I made more with the left over sheets with courgette, carrot, sweetcorn and brie...oh my days! Less samosa, more veggie parcel but completely gorgeous.
Free printable recipe card. Just right click & save as.

If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 
Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment