Thursday, June 9, 2016

#tbt: Jellyfish Multimedia Painting

Throw back Thursday: taking a look at stuff I've made in the past.

A year or so ago I redecorated our bedroom with an Art Deco inspired look, so I needed some wall art which reflected the moody, slightly glittery look I was going for. Around the same time I went to London with Bean for a mother and son weekend of adventure which included a trip to the aquarium where we saw some lovely jellyfish.



I also went to London  alone to see some friends, during which I went to a friend's art exhibition which featured lots of amazing artists, one who really struck me had some stunning multimedia paintings. All of these thoughts squished together and made this come out. 


It used to have some chalk bubbles on it too but they vanished when I varnished it. Also, annoyingly, I overdid the varnish and it left some dribbles where it had collected on the beads. I still love it though, and it has hung in our bedroom ever since.  

No comments:

Post a Comment