Monday, January 23, 2017

Monday Make: Pokeball Hat

Monday Make: This week's project



I made the bigger boys one of these each for Christmas. It was quite challenging, not only making them in secret but also making them the right size in secret. I just had to hope they would fit ok and they seem to have turned out quite well. They are loved and that's what matters mostest.


I didn't keep track of what I was doing at the time, but after some serious stitch counting I've done my best to come up with a pattern for you. Hopefully this makes sense. I don't follow patterns well, so I don't actually know what a pattern looks like, but if you can do a basic double crochet stitch, I'm confident you can do this.
I used a size 3 hook.
Make 90 stitches in black, then chain stitch it together into a loop and give it another row.
8 rows in white.
2 rows in black
6 rows in red.
1 row in red decreasing every 15 stitches (you're basically dividing it up into 6ths).
1 row in red decreasing every 14 stitches.
1 row in red decreasing every 13 stitches.
2 rows in red decreasing every other stitch.
1 row in red decreasing every stitch.
You'll want to take the last few in the biggest bundles you can to stop it going all pointy.
Knot off your ends.

To make the circle, make 4 chain stitches in white, chain into the first to make a loop, then work 12 double crochets into it.

The next row is double so increase every stitch.
For the next two rows, increase every other stitch.
Then change to black and increase every 3rd stitch.
With a darning needle, stitch the circle onto the middle of the hat, tucking all the tied off ends inside.

I don't know how anyone else does it, but I stitch my loose ends into the crochet stitches a little and snip off the extra length.


I hope that makes sense, I've never tried writing a pattern before. 

Try it and let me know in the comments below if it worked/what went wrong. I'd love the feedback.
If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 
Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment