Sunday, January 15, 2017

Sensory Sunday: Ribbon Box

Sensory Sunday: Exploring the world with little fat fingers.


I saw this idea on Pinterest and it looked so simple, but incredibly effective, I had to try it.

A giant cardboard box and a lot of ribbon later....



I''l be honest, I didn't think he'd be so hesitant about it. There was a lot of staring, delicate ribbon investigation and then he wandered off.


He soon came back when he realised it was the perfect height for cruising.


Then I filled it with toys to entice him inside. He was driven mad by the ribbons as they brushed over his head. It's safe to say he wasn't keen on them being in his face, but he was happy enough when I held them out of the way.

I threw a ball in...this is his 'I got it!' face.



Then he discovered the ribbon ends on the top of the box...

...and that he could pull them out...


When the bigger boys came home from school, they were thrilled to find the box and soon made a 'Zander Den' for him to play in.


I wonder what's next for this box...so many ideas!
If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 
Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)




No comments:

Post a Comment