Saturday, January 21, 2017

Sticky Saturday: Roman Shield

Sticky Saturday: messy play fun with kids


I think I'm totally cheating by sticking this on here. On Monday night, Ed suddenly announced he needed to make a Roman shield in time for school the next day. At first I was annoyed but then I was like, screw it, let's do it.
We googled shield designs, learnt about the 'Testudo' manoeuvre and he got on with drawing his design. I made the shield for him with some spare cardboard, making it curved. He wanted to make it full sized but sadly there wasn't enough cardboard.
He then lovingly painted it with lovely bright acrylics and we left it to dry overnight. Thankfully it was ready for the morning - yay!
I do apologise for the sad faced photo, he really isn't a morning person.

Do you know what though, having spent the evening together crafting, I haven't felt this close to him in ages. Painting together gave us time to chat, just the two of us, we don't normally have, especially these days with little Zander taking a lot of my attention. I really must make more time to have more one on one with the older two, it was really special.
If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 
Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment