Thursday, March 23, 2017

#tbt: Bird Aviary

Throw back Thursday: taking a look at stuff I've made in the past.

Once upon a time, we had a whole menagerie of pets and in 2012 this included a few Zebra Finches. One day, I decided their cage wasn't big enough, so I stole some wood out of Mr Strawberry's stash and went off to the store for some tiny mesh. The tray even slides out for easy cleaning (I just put newspaper in there and changed it every day) and we could water the plant through the mesh. The really fun bit was changing the branches, which get covered in poo and I figured it was more enriching to change it occasionally. It has a large door for doing that, but of course the finches had a good old whizz around the living room every time I did it. 
Aw, they were lovely, but they were also incredibly messy and so noisy that anyone who ever slept overnight would complain :/
If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 
Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment