Thursday, March 9, 2017

#tbt: Little Dickie Bows

Throw back Thursday: taking a look at stuff I've made in the past.

Christmas 2010, the boys were only one and two. I needed a nice outfit for Christmas day, but I didn't fancy forking out, so I made them little dickie bows to wear with the clothes their Uncle used to send them when he worked for a posh children's wear company. They had to be boy-proof, so I made them out of cotton backed felt, with velcro on the back. 
I fused the cotton to the felt with the magic of bondaweb, cut the pieces to size, stitched around the edges to stop any fraying and hand stitched the bows in place.
They worked beautifully and the boys looked adorable.
Ed, wearing his dickie bow and erm...some goggles.


If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 
Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment