Monday, August 29, 2016

Monday Make: Easy On Baby Pumps

Monday Make: This week's project

I saw these adorable baby pumps on eBay and had to buy them, despite knowing full well how successful shoes are when it comes to babies, both in getting them on and keeping them on. 
When they arrived I realised how impossible they would be to squeeze into my fat baby's fat feet but I thought 'can I change that?' So, I nipped to the store for some socks since we didn't have any plain white ones. That was fun, they only had a 0-3 month sized pack hanging up and a selection of larger sizes at the bottom of the shelf, packaging broken. So I had to find 5 pairs in a larger size and a card thingy they were supposed to be clipped into so they could be scanned at the till. 

They were unnecessarily too long so I snipped off the tops. 
I carefully cut out the restrictive sides of the pumps. 
Then painstakingly hand stitched the socks inside the shoes. 

Sadly, I still can't get them on his fat feet. They're actually big enough (maybe slightly too big) but he tends to scrunch his feet up completely, making getting them on impossible. Ah, whatever.
If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 
Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment