Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Tempting Tuesday: White Chocolate Dream Tart

Tempting Tuesday: trying not to kill my family with my experimental cooking.


Because I forgot to buy a pastry case, this recipe meant I had to make one for the first time. I don't know why it scared me so much, though it didn't go to plan (of course).
I learnt two things; one, make sure your scales are working properly and two, a good pricking is incredibly important.
Crappy pastry, full of air bubbles.
Towards the end, as I was weighing out the chocolate, I discovered my scales were weighing half a 200g bar of chocolate as 430g. Safe to say that explains why I had to make a 'double' portion of pastry and why it still didn't fill the bottom of my dish.
When I'd baked it, it had bubbled up loads, making it kind of crispy. I can only presume I didn't stab it hard enough with the fork before I put it in the oven.
On the plus side, the title is correct, it is dreamy. Light and creamy and chocolatey.
The recipe asked for redcurrants, but I fancied blueberries, but it would be fabulous with strawberries too.
Ah, the recipe. Let's talk about the recipe for a minute.
I found it in the Morrison's magazine and it was like giving someone directions somewhere but forgetting a few left hand turns. Does nobody test these things? Or at least proof read them? Anyhoo, I made it through. Here's my version;

Recipe
Ingredients:
pastry case
175g white chocolate
250g tub mascarpone
150ml double cream
Fruit for topping

Method:
Melt 150g of the chocolate and paint a thin layer over the bottom of the pastry case.
Add half the mascarpone to the rest of the melted chocolate and stir well until smooth.
Whisk the cream until firm, then add the other half of the mascarpone and whisk again.
Gently fold together the cream/mascapone and chocolate/mascarpone until blended well.
Spread the whole lot evenly in the pastry case and chill for two-three hours.
Grate the rest of the chocolate and sprinkle over the top, then add the fruit.
Enjoy!


Free printable recipe card. Just right click & save as.
If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 
Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment