Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Tempting Tuesday: Peppermint creams

Tempting Tuesday: trying not to kill my family with my experimental cooking.


My inability to follow a recipe really reared its ugly head on this one. 

I've made peppermint creams before but I found this recipe on the carnation website, using condensed milk. 
While putting it together, I thought to myself:
"The last recipe had lemon juice in. I love peppermint creams with lemon juice in, it makes them extra refreshing and shit!"
Yeah. I didn't amend the amount of icing sugar though did I?
If you add a slosh of lemon juice, you need to add more icing sugar, but as I'd used all mine, I couldn't. I put it in the fridge to 'dry' for a day or two, which almost worked. Eventually I made it to the store and bought more.
Oh noooo....too sticky!
I amended the mixture accordingly, rolled them out into little round and put them back in the fridge.
Of course, when I came to add the dark chocolate, I realised my mistake in making them round and tried to squish them down into penny shapes. Well, you can see how well that went. By then, I was done with the whole thing and just dolloped a little chocolate in each.
Slightly annoyed with myself because the whole point of using this recipe was to be able to compare the two. I'm a dumbass.
They are tasty though.

Recipe
Ingredients:
225g icing sugar
115g condensed milk (oh no, what will you do the rest of the can? I recommend the chocolate brigadeiros with amended quantities)
peppermint extract to taste (I used a tsp which was too much)
55g plain chocolate (I used 100g)

Method:
Mix icing sugar and condensed milk, add peppermint and knead until smooth.
Roll out mixture on a lightly dusted surface, cut into cute shapes.
Place in fridge to dry for a few hours.
Drizzle melted chocolate over the tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment