Monday, August 1, 2016

Monday Make: Herb Name Markers

Monday Make: This week's project

We have been doing some major garden overhaul this weekend, which has meant that all the plants Mr Strawberry had been collecting were finally planted out and given a loving home in the front garden. This has meant that the kitchen window sill (where they have spent the last few months) is shockingly empty, leaving my two mint variations looking a little forlorn. They definitely need potting on, so they might as well go in the garden too. However, before they do that, I have to make some kind of marker so I don't get them confused. I could have put one of those plastic label stick thingies in, but where's the fun in that?


I raided the boys beach pebble collection and found these babies.



Now I just need to varnish them and get on with re-potting my mints.
I'll post a photo of them in situ when I'm done.

********UPDATE********
Such is life, or it may have just been the end of their season as they had been flowering, but it looks like both my mints have died. The pebbles look amazing now they're varnished but now they sit in pots with half dead twigs. There is new growth on them so I'm not giving up yet, especially as the chocolate mint was a gift from my mother. Maybe I'll update you on their growth next Summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment