Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Tempting Tuesday: Makeshift Pasta

Tempting Tuesday: trying not to kill my family with my experimental cooking.


It has occurred to me that my tempting Tuesday's have been quite tempting lately and haven't really shown my experimental cooking for what it truly is: often disgusting. 
Dinner last night was the epitome of my experimental cooking. A food shop shy of a decent meal, my kitchen led me to this. 


What I found in my kitchen:
1/4 of a red cabbage
A carrot
A courgette
2 & 1/2 chicken fillets
Pasta (though I wanted rice or potatoes)
Paprika
Smokey BBQ sauce

I sliced up the chicken and while it was frying with a generous sprinkle of paprika, I grated the carrot & courgette and sliced the cabbage. When I was happy with the chicken, I threw in the veg and then a dollop of BBQ sauce. 

We ate it because we were hungry but it wasn't great. The soggy cabbage highlighted how soggy the breadcrumb coating on the chicken had gone. The sauce was tasty though. 
And Zander was keen to give it a try, though he's got almost two months to wait until I let him get any closer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment