Saturday, September 29, 2012

365 Photo. Day 14 - Recipe


I've had this recipe in my scrapbook for years, but only tried last night for the first time. It was so yummy I thought I'd share it.
I belong to the dollop and splash school of cookery, so please bare with me.

Ingredients:
150g cous cous
lemon (to be honest I used lime juice coz that's what was in the fridge)
200ml boiled water
1x egg
15g melted butter
2x large chicken fillets, cut into strips (you could use any meat/fish)

Add the juice of a lemon (or a good slosh of lime juice) to the cous cous, mix then add the water. Leave for 20 mins, then fluff with a fork.
Beat egg, add butter.
Dip meat in butter, then into cous cous and place individually onto a baking tray. Bake in the oven until cooked thoroughly (about 180 degrees c. for about 20 minutes).
I served them with homemade chips and peas. Yummy!

2 comments:

  1. Those look fantastic. I wish I could eat them right here and right now! I've never had cous cous, though, truth be told. o.o

    ReplyDelete