Saturday, September 8, 2012

Squeezing it all in.

I’m very excited. I’ve written myself a rota.
So fed up with not finding the time for the many things I want to do, like learning to play my uke, working out, yoga, training the dog to dance, decorating the house, selling stuff on eBay, clearing out my junk, getting some work done, and actually playing with the kids rather than just leaving them to their own crazy play all the time. All while making sure the boys are fed, watered, clean, dressed and entertained (they mostly entertain each other though – imagine the mess if I let them feed each other...or clean each other).
Only last night I finally worked out why  kept seeing blue dots...someone had found the painting soap and splodged blue dots in random places, just enough to confuse me, just enough for me to work out what it was before losing my mind. Three in the bathroom, one in the hall, one in their bedroom. Luckily, it just wipes off with a babywipe – what doesn’t. Ah, I digress.
So my little rota fits most of these things in and I’m very excited. My only concern is, this isn’t the first rota I’ve written, and it’s possible that even though time is tight, I’ve just wasted a whole afternoon on something useless and pointless. I’m trying to remain positive and tell myself that they (yes they, there’ve been a few) didn’t work because I needed to iron out the creases as it were, practise makes perfect. Anyway, we’ll see won't we. I’ve left sensible gaps for all the twittering and random question googling that a herd a wild horses couldn’t stop me from doing. So it should work *she says hopefully.
Except now it’s Saturday. There’s nothing rota’ed on for Saturdays. What do I do with my time?
Maybe I should get some work done.....naaa probably not. I think I'll spend the day chilling with my boys after a hectic week.

3 comments:

  1. What a darling little blog you have! I can't wait to read more posts in the future, so keep writing!

    Anywho, I came to thank you for following my blog. When I saw the little number of followers had gone up by one, I squealed joyfully, as every time I get a view, follower, or comment I become very happy for the next day. So thank you for following and making my day. =)

    May you have a happy, wonderful weekend!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi elizabeth. thank you so much for your kind words! how lovely you are.
    i too look forward to squealing with delight over my followers and lovely comments, if i ever get any lol.
    i hope you dont mind, but you feature in todays blog. if you do mind, please do let me know.
    cat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I subscribed to this post by email, but for some reason it never alerted me that you had replied. Now I feel horrible that I missed it. And of course I do not mind being in your post. =)I just came across it now, truth be told, and left a comment there. Since the subscribing by email is being iffy to me for some strange reason, I decided to follow you. =D

    ReplyDelete