Sunday, September 9, 2012

My Real First Weekend.



This weekend is my first real weekend since 1997 when I got my first Saturday job. Since then I’ve been at school/college/uni all week then worked weekends. Then, after a few months running my husband-to-be’s 7 day-a-week business, I got married and became a Mummy so my working week has been 24/7.
I’d see people’s Facebook statuses counting down to the weekend and I just didn’t get it. The idea of a weekend being a break was so far beyond my reality.
But it’s all change now. Ed has started school, and Bean has started pre-school.
After my first week of school runs, I now understand thoroughly and I myself was counting down until Saturday morning when I didn’t have to wash, dress, feed three people and get them out in time for school. Yesterday morning I actually did a dance, singing about how it wasn’t a school day and if it was we would have had to be at school 20 minutes ago, but we were in our jimjams! Whoop!
And yes, although I am still a Mummy on weekends, it’s not nearly as much work as getting everyone up and out on time haha.
From here on in I reserve Saturday mornings for jimjams and movies, and if it’s not raining, a walk to the library (although when we went yesterday, Ed behaved atrociously, but hey hum, practise makes perfect).

No comments:

Post a Comment