Sunday, September 9, 2012

All These Hobbies...

Yesterday I came across the most delightful human being, who like me, has far too many hobbies. I think we probably like a lot of similar things, but there’s one huge difference between us. It’s the way we view our hobbies, the way we look at our love for trying new things.
She has made me think I’ve been looking at it all wrong. All this time I’ve been beating myself up for never finishing anything. For always starting a new project without finishing the last one. Crikey if I’m honest, I’d say there were handfuls of unfinished projects lying about my house. The more I notice them, the more frustrated I get. Hence the rota I wrote up only 2 days ago. I feel bad that I can’t finish anything. That I get bored and wonder off onto something else. But this fellow human, she doesn’t. In fact, judging by her profile, she relishes in it. I think its bloody brilliant. She calls herself a ‘dabbler’, and I get it, totally get it. I feel like I’ve been looking at it all wrong, that it’s not a negative thing. And truth be told, I am NEVER bored. Ever. I always have a plethora of things to do. It’s probably the best and most exciting way to be.
In fact, when I peek through my neighbours front window and all there is in their living room is a sofa, a TV and a fish tank, all I can think is, please don’t make me live there, I’d die of boredom! In my living room, I too have a sofa (well, two), a fish tank & a TV, but also 2 full bookshelves, a computer desk, a massive bird cage, plants, veggies growing on the windowsills, millions of kids toys, a running machine and dining table, which we eat at everyday despite the fact that it is covered in my projects which at the moment include xmas card making equipment, sewing box, deco patch stuff and the old staple, my sewing machine, harmony.
Never bored, always busy. Happy as pie.
And if you’re wondering who my inspiration is, its www.forever-a-dabbler.blogspot.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. Dear fellow human being, I have never been written about before. This post made me smile from ear to ear, and I am most, most happy in the humblest way that you consider me an inspiration. You have made my day, and I thank you beyond words for it! Really, truly, thank you. =3 I shall be smiling for the next week, even, from your kind, sweet words.

    Have a wonderful weekend, dear soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so pleased you feel that way. you're adorable! xxx

    ReplyDelete