Monday, May 16, 2016

Monday Make: Baby Clothes Made Super Easy

Monday Make: This week's project

I really wanted to make Zander some super comfy jersey trousers and I have a rather marvelous fabric stash.
I could have spent hours making a pattern (I have all the books from uni) but there's no point when he'll grow out of them in a few weeks, so I just cut around a pair we already had, leaving a little extra on the seams to give me a little seam allowance. I also made them shorter and wider to account for my short, fat baby (all of my children have been blessed with my short legs).
A little bra elastic round the waist (also from my stash - it's so soft and gentle on little bellies) and we're done.
I also added an applique star on a plain boring t-shirt to make a matching outfit, which is super easy to do if you have some bondaweb or wonderweb. You just iron it on, cut your shape out, iron it onto the tee and stitch round the edges (it doesn't last the wash no matter how well stuck it feels after ironing).
Easy as pie.
Cutting around clothes we already own to make new ones is something I do all the time. If you know it fits, it'll work. Just don't forget your seam allowance.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment