Monday, May 30, 2016

Monday Make: Grabby Ball


Monday Make: This week's project
 
I found this on pinterest. It looked fun so I thought I'd give it a go. I'm pretty certain we don't really need any more toys but this looks so perfect for tiny hands. Zander hasn't yet mastered the reach'n'grab, but when he does, this will be brilliant...until it rolls away...
 
The ball, not the baby.
It's really quite easy to make, but a little fiddly. 
You need 12 semi circles and 12 ellipses. I cut them out with a 5mm seam allowance. 

Lay a semi circle and an ellipse together, right sides together. 
 
Leaving 5mm at the end, sew the sides together and stop 5mm before the end, turn the ellipse so it's edges run along the rest of the semi circle. Your turn point should be the half way point on the semi circle, which can be marked with a little snip. 
 
 
Repeat for the other 11.
 
Then stuff them all with cushion/toy stuffing and hand stitch together. 
 
When you've got 12 of these crazy triangle things, stitch them together in threes like this. 
Bottom corners together. 
 
Top corners together. 
 

Now you have four of these, stitch all the bottom corners together and finally stitch the top corners together. 
I don't know about you, but it made more sense as I was doing it. 
 
The fabric choices are endless and you can make it out of scraps, which is always marvellous. 
Also, I wish I had gotten round to putting a jangly bell inside. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment