Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Tempting Tuesday: Easy Marshmallow Fudge

Tempting Tuesday: trying not to kill my family with my experimental cooking.

I found this recipe in a kids book and always wanted to give it a go.
I love marshmallows and I love fudge, so it should be good, right?

Ingredients:
450g icing sugar
100g marshmallows
100g butter
30ml milk
half a tsp vanilla essence.

Directions:
Line a 7 inch tin with greaseproof paper and any form of fat. I used coconut oil.
Sift icing sugar into a large bowl.
Heat marshmallows, butter, milk and vanilla in a pan until everything is melted and even.
Add this mixture to the icing sugar and stir until smooth.
I used pink and white marshmallows, it looks adorable.
Squidge the fudge into the tin, the flatter the better and chill in the fridge for 3 hours.
Remove, slice it all up and pop it back in the fridge to harden a little.


Our taste test went well. Ed says its the best thing he's ever tasted, like, ever.
I'm not so sure. I didn't realize until I started making it just how much icing sugar is in it, and man, can you taste it. It tastes like regal icing far more than it tastes of marshmallows which is a great shame.
Mr Strawberry says he'd like to try it with strawberries in it. I wonder if it would be possible to put chunks of fruit in? Another day...another experiment.

Free printable recipe card


If you like what you see, share it using one of the magic buttons below. 
Leave a comment or even subscribe, it would make my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment