Monday, May 23, 2016

Monday Make: Change Bag

Monday Make: This week's project
 
 
I got really sick of throwing everything into a hold-all really quickly. I wanted everything in my change bag to be organised and easy to access one handed with the urgency that is usually required, be it a muslin to wipe up sudden pukage or a breast pad to swap before my t-shirt soaks through.
I had a look online but, as usual, I didn't like the ones I could afford and I wasn't going to spend upwards of £80 on a bag I'll only use for a year or two. Besides, the prints were so boring!
Cue a raid of my excellent fabric stash (which I am always happy to invest in). 
It didn't take me long to design it, basically it's all pockets.
It took me a couple of days to make, inbetween all the usual responsibilities; wiping poo off tiny balls & cooking family meals, etc. 
This post was originally supposed to be a 'how to', complete with instructions but when you're squeezing something in, a few minutes at a time, that's a tricky thing to manage.
 I also came to the conclusion that I could never encourage anyone to go about making something the way I made this. My brain was a wild, untamed thing. I read somewhere once, that when it comes to sewing, one should have everything one needs to hand, be of calm mind and unrushed. That's just not possible for me at the moment haha. On the plus side, he's very cute and just learning how to 'coo'. 
Anyway, here's my new change bag. I love it.
I especially love that I finally used the rainbow zebra print I've had for ages but been terrified of wasting. This was the perfect job for it. Gorgeousness. 



 
And to think it started with this crappy drawing...
 
It's pretty badly put together but I love it regardless.
And it just goes to show, if you want it, just bloody make it. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment