Monday, May 9, 2016

Monday Make: Zander's Name Plaque

Monday Make: This week's project

 
I have always wanted to create a nursery but never had an real need for one since the older boys shared our room for the first year of their lives and then they got a little boy's room rather than a baby nursery. But when I was about 36 weeks pregnant with baby number 3, I suddenly decided all this baby stuff wasn't going to fit in our room and I needed a nursery.
Being only 6 weeks old, he doesn't sleep in there yet, but it gives me the space to be more organized.
Today, it is one step closer to being completely finished with the addition of something that absolutely had to be made (I couldn't make it until he was born because we were keeping his name a secret).
And boy, did I have fun.
 
 
 I found an old piece of wood in the garden, gave it a quick layer of watered-down white paint.
Printed off the letters and taped the paper to the wood.
 
 
Hammered in a gazillion wood pins and tore the paper off.
(Just so you know, tweezers are fabulous for picking out those tiny bits of paper that get caught under the pins).
 
 
Then, I spent an age wrapping, unwrapping, re-wrapping wool, until I was happy with my technique.
It was fiddly, but totally worth it.
 
Then I made some cute, fluffy, little clouds and hung them, along with some shiny, silver stars from the wood (they're stapled in at the back).
I love it so much. I hope Zander does too.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment